Alcoy was last week’s destination for some well-deserved RnR. We stayed at Voda Krasna which was previously, Kai Nani Pointe. Christine Dormeli was such a gracious host and offered us the spacious and elegant suite room for a discounted price with breakfast included which we took right away.
Cool, relaxing waters of Alcoy
The weather forecast talked about thunderstorms for the weekend but was inaccurate, thankfully.
On the way back home after a lunch stop a little past Alcoy, we found a little fishing place where they served grilled panga (tuna jaws) and grilled squid.
The drive back was also pleasant if not for some road repairs which remind me that I am still keeping my fingers crossed for the preservation of Cebu South’s centuries-old trees.
Good old RnR it definitely was. Just another reason why I live for the weekends. 🙂
‘d like to see Manila with a fresh perspective: maybe get a little more intimate with the city and explore more than what meets a transient’s eye. I think I’ve seen and done most touristy things with my trips there before. So I’ve come up with a list of new things to do while temporarily relocated to the metro for the next couple of months. The first group of items should be the easier ones to do over my weekends. The next one will need some detailed planning and deciding since they would involve an out of town trip and considerable travel time which might be a little bit of a constraint.
- Binondo FoodWalk (Chinatown)
- Have my fortune told in Quiapo and Buy the camera @ Hidalgo Street.
- Go to church in Baclaran and visit the local market
Try Seafood Dampa
- Revisit Intramuros (join the Walking Tour of Carlos Celdran) and visit The Manila Cathedral
- Visit the CCP and also look for contemporary Filipino Art
- Check out the Museum
- Volunteer for a day for Gawad Kalinga and help build a home; Visit Payatas
- Book tickets for Cirque du Soleil: the Greatest Circus on the Planet (The show will not be until June/July)
- Just maybe chill with my girls at
- Go to Pagudpud Beach, Ilocos
- Tree Top adventure in Subic
Anawangin Cove/Nagsasa Is., Zambales
- Legazpi: Mayon Volcano
- Palawan: Coron/Busuanga/El Nido
- Go on a tour of Bataan Corregidor: Dambana ng Kagitingan
- Pangasinan: 100 Islands
- Sagada/Banaue Rice Terraces
- Vigan/La Union
That’s all that I could think of for now. If you have some ideas, I sure would like to hear them. And before I sign off for the day and also because I’m such in a random mood today, I leave you with our very homegrown Cebuano talent and their fitting song for the first of my summer which I will be spending at a place where “city lights shine like diamonds”. Enjoy!